Menu

Chula Vista Genealogical Society

Saturday General Mettings

• Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:27 PM
    Reply # 4578639 on 4511107
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

Ceasar, 

I think Sam Seat's comments are what we should try. Being a very long time member, we older members have learned every time we move events we loose people.  

The library closed on Monday's so we moved to Wednesday's. 

I do have concerns for a business meeting for those whom would llike to attend and think we can look at the calendar and preplan 3 meetings a year on Sunday or Saturday. I know we had one on Sunday last year due  to multi schedule situations.

1.  We need to plan it like a special event so everyone is aware of the different day and time.(Including our own members)

2.  We need to advertise it to our community and at least 2 months ahead of time, possibly longer.

3.  Our speaker for that meeting should be someone that would draw members from the community.  Advertise is our biggest besides way advance planning.

Susi

• Thursday, January 05, 2017 12:59 PM
    Message # 4511107
    Deleted user

At the January CVGS board meeting, we had a discussion on moving the General meeting to Saturdays. People who work cannot attend our general meetings because they are on Wednesday afternoons. I have ask Wanda to look to see if and when the CV Library Auditorium is available on Saturdays. Do you think moving the general meeting to Saturday is a good or bad idea?

Mailing Address: PO Box 3024, Chula Vista, CA  91909